Thursday, May 31, 2007

Change of Scenery


There's nothing like a vacation to refresh your mind and body - and creativity! We just returned from a great vacation on the east coast of Florida.

A change of scenery and climate can breathe fresh ideas into your art. It had been too long since I had seen an endless horizon, dug my toes in warm sand, smelled the salty air, tasted lobster and listened to the rhythm of lapping waves.

The colors and life of the tropics are distinct just as the desert of New Mexico and the mountains of North Carolina are - each offering their own palette and textures. With every picture I took, I saw a painting.

Do you have a memorable vacation or location that refreshes your creativity?

4 comments:

Erin said...

That is a very cool slideshow program!

Looks like a lively place to live and visit... I love the ocean.

rhon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gramarty said...

I had an eye-opening, deep-breathing experience this morning...a different take on the "vacation" idea.

For the past month my attention has been focused on preparing for my son's graduation, Air Force commissioning and culminating with his marriage last Saturday. I've been out and about almost every day doing more shopping than any human should have to, but I was amazed this morning when I pulled up to a much-traveled corner close to home to "see," for the first time this year, the wild daisies, so tall and in full bloom. They made me cry. I realized that I hadn't really been aware of what's around me for quite a while. It was such a treat to enjoy the beauty of my daily surroundings. Life on the other side of stress is beautiful...

I want to paint some daisies!