Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Gallery Wednesday - Judges 3

For this weeks Shuffle I made a cootie catcher. It's not finished yet but I like the idea of doodling on it for the rest of the study. I stuck with pencil and paper this time; no glitter.

The idea of a cootie catcher is like casting lots or using an 8 ball. You ask a question then select a number between one and eight. The cootie is moved that many times and then you select another number between one and eight. This number reveals your answer. So there are eight slots for you to insert whatever kind of answers you want ("Never!", "Could be", "With certitude", "Not in your future", etc.)

I hadn't planned on making it spiritual; it just sort of happened that way. There have been a few key verses that I've attached too over the last month since we've been going through these hard times. I put them in the cootie catcher to help me remember them. Instead of writing the verses out, I created little icons to represent the key parts of the verse.

I've only got four verses right now so I have room during the rest of the study to add more. There's also the fun of doodling a design on the outside.


SPRINGS OF LIFE FROM HEART
Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life. -Proverbs 4:23





CROWN OF BEAUTY IN GOD'S HAND
You will also be a crown of beauty in the hand of the LORD, And a royal diadem in the hand of your God. -Isaiah 62:3




GOD EXCHANGES ASHES FOR BEAUTY
To all who mourn in Israel, he will give beauty for ashes, joy instead of mourning, praise instead of despair. For the LORD has planted them like strong and graceful oaks for his own glory. -Isaiah 61:3


YOUR HEART REFLECTS YOU
As in water the face is reflected as a face, 1 so a person’s heart 2 reflects the person. - Proverbs 27:19

No comments: